UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot
Why were Tottenham not given a penalty against Chelsea after Marc Cucurella incident? – UK Times

Why were Tottenham not given a penalty against Chelsea after Marc Cucurella incident? – UK Times

19 May 2026

M40 J11 northbound access | Northbound | Road Works

19 May 2026
Arsenal fans paint North London red as they celebrate first Premier League win in 22 years

Arsenal fans paint North London red as they celebrate first Premier League win in 22 years

19 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Red Lobster closing oldest restaurant after 56 years in Florida – UK Times
News

Red Lobster closing oldest restaurant after 56 years in Florida – UK Times

By uk-times.com19 May 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Red Lobster closing oldest restaurant after 56 years in Florida – UK Times
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Stay ahead of the curve with our weekly guide to the latest trends, fashion, relationships and more

Stay ahead of the curve with our weekly guide to the latest trends, fashion, relationships and more

Stay ahead of the curve with our weekly guide to the latest trends, fashion, relationships and more

Lessons in Lifestyle

Red Lobster’s oldest restaurant, located in Tallahassee, Florida, is set to permanently close its doors after 56 years of business.

On Tuesday, a representative for the seafood chain confirmed toThe Independent that the branch’s final day of operation is Sunday, May 24. The restaurant, located on North Monroe Street, initially opened in October 1970.

“This restaurant holds a special place in Red Lobster’s history and has been a meaningful part of the community for decades. We’re grateful to the guests and team members who have supported it over the years,” the company said.

“As part of the normal course of business, Red Lobster continuously evaluates restaurant performance and lease terms and may, from time to time, choose to close or relocate select restaurants. This decision reflects individual business circumstances specific to this location.”

The store closure could be part of Red Lobster’s revival plan, after it filed for bankruptcy in May 2024. In February, CEO Damola Adamolekun told The Wall Street Journal that management had been reviewing restaurant leases and closing underperforming sites to sharpen the company’s focus on stronger markets.

Red Lobster’s oldest restaurant opened in Tallahassee, Florida, in 1970
Red Lobster’s oldest restaurant opened in Tallahassee, Florida, in 1970 (Getty Images)

The chain shuttered more than 100 restaurants across dozens of states during its 2024 Chapter 11 process, laying off hundreds of workers in the process.

The company then escaped bankruptcy in September 2024 after being acquired by RL Investor Holdings LLC and receiving approximately $70 million in fresh investment. At the time, Adamolekun became the CEO and brought new ideas to Red Lobster’s menu and marketing.

“There’s a lot of positive signs, but we inherited a very damaged brand, so there’s still work to do to repair all of that,” Adamolekun, the former CEO of P.F. Chang’s, told the WSJ.

Under Adamolekun’s leadership, Red Lobster has overhauled its menu, launched a happy hour to attract more customers and refreshed its marketing strategy. To improve the in-restaurant experience, the company introduced a “red carpet hospitality” program, directing hostesses to acknowledge guests from 10 feet away and engage with them when they are within four feet.

Red Lobster closed more than 100 restaurants in the US in 2024 after it filed for bankruptcy
Red Lobster closed more than 100 restaurants in the US in 2024 after it filed for bankruptcy (Getty Images)

In April, the chain announced the return of its popular all-you-can-eat Endless Shrimp promotion for dine-in customers. Guests can choose between five shrimp dishes, including Shrimp Linguini Alfredo, Walt’s Favorite Shrimp, Garlic Shrimp Scampi, Parrot Isle Coconut Shrimp and a new “Marry Me Shrimp” inspired by the viral online recipe, with tiered pricing from $24.99 to $29.99. Customers start with three dishes and can order up to two more at a time.

“This is about putting our guests first and bringing back something they truly love,” Adamolekun said in a statement. “Endless Shrimp has been a part of Red Lobster’s legacy for 20 years and our guests have never stopped asking for it. We’re excited to bring it back, for a limited time, in a way that works for our business today and honors what made it special from the beginning. Because when our fans talk, we listen.”

The promotion was extremely popular in restaurants in 2023 and reportedly caused Red Lobster to lose about $11 million in just three months.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Why were Tottenham not given a penalty against Chelsea after Marc Cucurella incident? – UK Times

Why were Tottenham not given a penalty against Chelsea after Marc Cucurella incident? – UK Times

19 May 2026

M40 J11 northbound access | Northbound | Road Works

19 May 2026

M40 J6 southbound exit | Southbound | Road Works

19 May 2026
How the world looked when Arsenal last won the Premier League: Blair in charge, Eamon at No 1, £2 pints – UK Times

How the world looked when Arsenal last won the Premier League: Blair in charge, Eamon at No 1, £2 pints – UK Times

19 May 2026

M25 anti-clockwise between J12 and J11 | Anti-Clockwise | Road Works

19 May 2026
New Grey’s Anatomy spin-off in Texas greenlit — but it has fans asking one particular question – UK Times

New Grey’s Anatomy spin-off in Texas greenlit — but it has fans asking one particular question – UK Times

19 May 2026
Top News
Why were Tottenham not given a penalty against Chelsea after Marc Cucurella incident? – UK Times

Why were Tottenham not given a penalty against Chelsea after Marc Cucurella incident? – UK Times

19 May 2026

M40 J11 northbound access | Northbound | Road Works

19 May 2026
Arsenal fans paint North London red as they celebrate first Premier League win in 22 years

Arsenal fans paint North London red as they celebrate first Premier League win in 22 years

19 May 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

Recent Posts

  • Why were Tottenham not given a penalty against Chelsea after Marc Cucurella incident? – UK Times
  • M40 J11 northbound access | Northbound | Road Works
  • Arsenal fans paint North London red as they celebrate first Premier League win in 22 years
  • M40 J6 southbound exit | Southbound | Road Works
  • How the world looked when Arsenal last won the Premier League: Blair in charge, Eamon at No 1, £2 pints – UK Times

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
© 2026 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version