UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot
Maine high schoolers accidentally served baked dirt for dessert after mix-up with science experiment – UK Times

Maine high schoolers accidentally served baked dirt for dessert after mix-up with science experiment – UK Times

21 May 2026

M5 J5 northbound exit | Northbound | Congestion

21 May 2026
UK steps up support to stop spread of Ebola in eastern DRC

UK steps up support to stop spread of Ebola in eastern DRC

21 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Brooklyn mom who drowned 3 kids on Coney Island beach sentenced to 20 years to life – UK Times
News

Brooklyn mom who drowned 3 kids on Coney Island beach sentenced to 20 years to life – UK Times

By uk-times.com21 May 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Brooklyn mom who drowned 3 kids on Coney Island beach sentenced to 20 years to life – UK Times
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

For free real time breaking news alerts sent straight to your inbox sign up to our breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Breaking News

A Brooklyn woman was sentenced to 20 years to life in prison on Wednesday for drowning her three young children in the ocean near Coney Island’s famed boardwalk.

Erin Merdy, 34, pleaded guilty earlier this year to first-degree murder charges in the 2022 killing of her 7-year-old son Zachary, her 4-year-old daughter Liliana and her 3-month-old son Oliver.

“No sentence can fully measure the loss of a seven-year-old, a four-year-old and a three-month-old baby, or the grief their loved ones will carry forever,” Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez said in a statement. He added that the children’s lives were taken “in the most heartbreaking and unthinkable way.”

A message left with Merdy’s attorney was not returned.

The frantic search for the three children began in the early hours of Sept. 12, 2022, after New York City police received a call from Merdy’s relatives, concerned that she intended to harm her kids.

Officers first found the mother, barefoot and soaking wet, 2 miles (3 kilometers) down the boardwalk from the section of Coney Island where she lived. She repeatedly said that the children were gone and that she was sorry, according to prosecutors.

Hours later, the bodies of the children were recovered from the shoreline of the Atlantic Ocean, steps from the boardwalk and about a dozen blocks from the stadium where the Brooklyn Cyclones minor league baseball team plays.

The city medical examiner’s office ruled their deaths homicides by drowning.

The evidence against Merdy included video showing her walking toward the ocean with the children just before 1 a.m., according to the criminal complaint.

At the time, relatives said she may have been going through postpartum depression.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Maine high schoolers accidentally served baked dirt for dessert after mix-up with science experiment – UK Times

Maine high schoolers accidentally served baked dirt for dessert after mix-up with science experiment – UK Times

21 May 2026

M5 J5 northbound exit | Northbound | Congestion

21 May 2026

A66(M) westbound between A66 and A1(M) | Westbound | Road Works

21 May 2026
Joey Chestnut to defend hot dog eating title while on probation after pleading guilty to battery – UK Times

Joey Chestnut to defend hot dog eating title while on probation after pleading guilty to battery – UK Times

21 May 2026

A2 westbound between B262 and A2260 | Westbound | Road Works

21 May 2026
Trump’s surgeon general tells schools to cut back on screen time and go back to old textbooks – UK Times

Trump’s surgeon general tells schools to cut back on screen time and go back to old textbooks – UK Times

21 May 2026
Top News
Maine high schoolers accidentally served baked dirt for dessert after mix-up with science experiment – UK Times

Maine high schoolers accidentally served baked dirt for dessert after mix-up with science experiment – UK Times

21 May 2026

M5 J5 northbound exit | Northbound | Congestion

21 May 2026
UK steps up support to stop spread of Ebola in eastern DRC

UK steps up support to stop spread of Ebola in eastern DRC

21 May 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

Recent Posts

  • Maine high schoolers accidentally served baked dirt for dessert after mix-up with science experiment – UK Times
  • M5 J5 northbound exit | Northbound | Congestion
  • UK steps up support to stop spread of Ebola in eastern DRC
  • A66(M) westbound between A66 and A1(M) | Westbound | Road Works
  • Joey Chestnut to defend hot dog eating title while on probation after pleading guilty to battery – UK Times

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
© 2026 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version