- Alexander Volkanovski will defend his featherweight title against Ilia Topuria
- Topuria comes into the fight unbeaten in his MMA career
- Robert Whittaker goes head to head with Brazil’s Paulo Costa in co-main event
UFC 298 gets underway this Saturday, February 17th, the main event of the night sees one the greatest UFC fighters at featherweight, Alexander Volkanovski take on Ilia Topuria.
Volkanovski has so far defended his featherweight title five times and will look to continue the impressive run when he takes on the much younger Georgian who fights out of Spain.
Volkanovski faces no easy task against Topuria as Topuria is three years his junior and remains unbeaten in his UFC career, holding a 14-0 record.
Other fights on the night include the co-main event which showcases middleweight action between former middleweight champion Robert Whittaker goes head to head with Brazil’s Paulo Costa.
Alexander Volkanovski and Ilia Topuria will battle it out during UFC 298 in main event for the featherweight title
Volkanovski has defended the featherweight five times and will hope to extend his title run further on Saturday
Topuria is a strong challenger for the title as he is unbeaten, holding a 14-0 record in UFC
UFC 298 – Key information
UFC 298 is being held at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California on Saturday, February 17th.
The first round of fights, the early preliminary cards are to get underway at 11pm GMT. (4pm PT, 6pm CT, 7pm ET). For Australian viewers that will be 9am AEST/ 8:30 ACST/ 7am AWST.
The prelims are due to take place around 1am GMT on Sunday, February 18th, for US fans they can expect to catch the action at 6pm PT/ 8pmCT/ 9pm ET on Saturday. In Australia the fighting will commence at 11am (Sunday) AEST/10:30am ACST/ 9am AWST.
The main fight card is set to begin around 3am GMT for UK viewers and at 10pm ET/ 7pm PT for those tuning in from the US. Australians can watch all the action from the main card on Sunday at 1pm AEST/ 12:30PM ACST/ 11am AWST.
How to watch
UFC 298 will be shown live on TNT Sports for UK fans, UFC Fight Pass will also stream the early and regular preliminary’s.
The fight night will also be available for US fans on ESPN+.
Mail Sport will also be providing live coverage of UFC 298, so you can keep up to date with all the action here.
Volkanovski vs Topuria – Key Details
Height: 5ft 6in
Weight: 154.50 lb
Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 146.00 lb
Volkanovski and Topuria are due to fight around 5am GMT
Full fight card
Subject to change
- Alexander Volkanovski vs Ilia Topuria – featherweight title
- Robert Whittaker vs Paul Costa – middleweight
- Geoff Neal vs Ian Machado Garry – welterweight
- Merab Dvalishvili vs Henry Cejudo – bantamweight
- Anthony Hernandez vs Roman Kopylov – middleweight
- Amanda Lemos vs Mackenzie Dern – women’s strawweight
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs Justin Tafa – heavyweight
- Rinya Nakamura vs Carlos Vera – weight
- AJ Dobson vs Tresean Gore – middleweight
Early preliminary card
- Zhang Mingyang vs Brendson Ribeiro – light-heavyweight
- Yusaku Kinoshita vs Danny Barlow – welterweight
- Oban Elliot vs Val Woodburn – welterweight
- Andrea Lee vs Miranda Maverick – women’s flyweight
Brazilian Paulo Costa will go face to face with New Zealand born Australian Robert Whittaker in the co-main event for UFC 298
Alexander Volkanovski to win – 8/11
Ilia Topuria to win – 1/1
All odds via Sky Bet and correct at the time of publication.