UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot
Mikel Arteta jokes he is the ‘BIGGEST ever’ Bournemouth fan as Arsenal boss pleads Cherries to beat Man City and avoid nervy final day title battle

Mikel Arteta jokes he is the ‘BIGGEST ever’ Bournemouth fan as Arsenal boss pleads Cherries to beat Man City and avoid nervy final day title battle

18 May 2026
Timeline of Ebola outbreak as delayed response is blamed for growing cases and deaths – UK Times

Timeline of Ebola outbreak as delayed response is blamed for growing cases and deaths – UK Times

18 May 2026

Burnham seeks to calm markets by committing to fiscal rules | UK News

18 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Two suspects dead after ‘active shooters’ at San Diego Islamic center: report – UK Times
News

Two suspects dead after ‘active shooters’ at San Diego Islamic center: report – UK Times

By uk-times.com18 May 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Two suspects dead after ‘active shooters’ at San Diego Islamic center: report – UK Times
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The latest headlines from our reporters across the US sent straight to your inbox each weekday

Your briefing on the latest headlines from across the US

Your briefing on the latest headlines from across the US

Evening Headlines

At least two people have been killed during an “active shooter” situation near a mosque in the Clairemont neighborhood of San Diego on Monday, according to a report.

The incident was reported at the Islamic Center of San Diego — located in the neighborhood of Clairemont — shortly after 3 pm ET. About an hour later, police said the threat had been “neutralized” and that a media staging area was being established.

NBC San Diego reported that two suspects are dead. This has not been confirmed by police.

Aerial footage of the scene showed a substantial police presence, with dozens of vehicles lining a street. Heavily armed officers were seen entering the center as people dispersed from the area, some holding hands.

California Governor Gavin Newsom said in a statement that he has been briefed on the incident and is coordinating with law enforcement.

Police are responding to reports of an active shooter near a mosque in San Diego, California, on Monday. Officials said the threat had been ‘neutralized’ around 4 pm ET
Police are responding to reports of an active shooter near a mosque in San Diego, California, on Monday. Officials said the threat had been ‘neutralized’ around 4 pm ET (Citizen app)

“We are grateful to the first responders on the scene working to protect the community and urge everyone to follow guidance from local authorities,” Newsom said.

San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria also said he was aware of the reported shooting. He said officials are “actively working to protect the community and secure the area.”

People living and working in the surrounding neighborhoods were urged to shelter in place, according to NBC News.

Aerial footage shows dozens of police vehicles lining a road near the Islamic center
Aerial footage shows dozens of police vehicles lining a road near the Islamic center (Reuters)

According to its website, the Islamic Center is the largest mosque in San Diego County, which has an estimated population of some 3.2 million people.

“Our mission is to serve the religious needs of the San Diego Muslim population and work with the larger community to serve the less fortunate, to educate, and to better our nation,” the website states.

The center hosts five daily prayers, sermons and various educational seminars.

This is a breaking story…

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Timeline of Ebola outbreak as delayed response is blamed for growing cases and deaths – UK Times

Timeline of Ebola outbreak as delayed response is blamed for growing cases and deaths – UK Times

18 May 2026

Burnham seeks to calm markets by committing to fiscal rules | UK News

18 May 2026

A3 southbound within the A245 junction | Southbound | Congestion

18 May 2026
Enough: Woman who raised concerns over self-swab rape kit firm threatened with legal action, MP Alicia Kearns claims – UK Times

Enough: Woman who raised concerns over self-swab rape kit firm threatened with legal action, MP Alicia Kearns claims – UK Times

18 May 2026

A282 southbound access from A206 | Clockwise | Road Works

18 May 2026
Man wrongly convicted of killing 2 Michigan hunters in 1990 agrees to .25M settlement – UK Times

Man wrongly convicted of killing 2 Michigan hunters in 1990 agrees to $5.25M settlement – UK Times

18 May 2026
Top News
Mikel Arteta jokes he is the ‘BIGGEST ever’ Bournemouth fan as Arsenal boss pleads Cherries to beat Man City and avoid nervy final day title battle

Mikel Arteta jokes he is the ‘BIGGEST ever’ Bournemouth fan as Arsenal boss pleads Cherries to beat Man City and avoid nervy final day title battle

18 May 2026
Timeline of Ebola outbreak as delayed response is blamed for growing cases and deaths – UK Times

Timeline of Ebola outbreak as delayed response is blamed for growing cases and deaths – UK Times

18 May 2026

Burnham seeks to calm markets by committing to fiscal rules | UK News

18 May 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

Recent Posts

  • Mikel Arteta jokes he is the ‘BIGGEST ever’ Bournemouth fan as Arsenal boss pleads Cherries to beat Man City and avoid nervy final day title battle
  • Timeline of Ebola outbreak as delayed response is blamed for growing cases and deaths – UK Times
  • Burnham seeks to calm markets by committing to fiscal rules | UK News
  • A3 southbound within the A245 junction | Southbound | Congestion
  • Enough: Woman who raised concerns over self-swab rape kit firm threatened with legal action, MP Alicia Kearns claims – UK Times

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
© 2026 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version