UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot
Adeel Akhtar on funding cuts: ‘Art gives people space to be free’ – UK Times

Adeel Akhtar on funding cuts: ‘Art gives people space to be free’ – UK Times

22 May 2026

roundabout at A1/B661 | Northbound | Road Works

22 May 2026
Joint Statement from the leaders of the E4 + Canada, Australia & New Zealand on the situation in the West Bank

Joint Statement from the leaders of the E4 + Canada, Australia & New Zealand on the situation in the West Bank

22 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Trial date for Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis’ High Court libel claim set – UK Times
News

Trial date for Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis’ High Court libel claim set – UK Times

By uk-times.com22 May 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Trial date for Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis’ High Court libel claim set – UK Times
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Inside Sport newsletter: Get an expert guide to the biggest moments shaping the world of sport

Get our free Inside Sport newsletter

Get our free Inside Sport newsletter

Inside Sport

The trial of Nottingham Forest FC owner Evangelos Marinakis’s High Court libel claim against a Greek football rival is to be held in 2027.

Mr Marinakis, who also owns Greek side Olympiacos, is suing Eirini Karypidou, the chair of one of Olympiacos’ Greek Super League rivals Aris, for defamation and unlawful means conspiracy over several “false” allegations.

He is also suing Israeli political consultant Ari Harow and his company, Sheyaan Consulting Limited, whom Mr Marinakis’s lawyers claim were involved in the “creation and implementation” of the “smear” campaign, which saw the “defamatory allegations” published on social media and online.

On Wednesday, Mr Justice Johnson ruled on several preliminary matters in the case, including the “natural and ordinary meaning” of the allegations at the heart of the claim and whether they were statements of fact or opinion.

In a 20-page judgment, the judge said Mr Marinakis is seeking between £1 million and £5 million in damages and claims the “untrue” allegations against him “have caused him serious reputational harm”.

He continued that the publications had a defamatory meaning, but that his ruling “does not decide who will succeed in the claim, far less whether the claimant is guilty of the conduct alleged in the publications that form the basis of the claim”.

In a court order in April, Mrs Justice Steyn said that a 10-day trial of the claim had been scheduled to begin on March 8 2027.

Mr Justice Johnson said in his ruling that Mr Marinakis is suing over allegations made about him on a website, social media, and mobile billboards between November 2023 and March 2024.

They included three articles published on a website called “nottinghamforestfire.co.uk” in November 2023.

Several posts were also published on X in December 2023, and six YouTube videos uploaded.

The allegations were also displayed on mobile billboards driven around Nottingham Forest’s stadium, the City Ground, on two match days.

The YouTube channel, X account and website were all later taken down.

In written submissions for a hearing in 2024, David Sherborne, for Mr Marinakis, said the “highly defamatory” allegations were “completely untrue”.

It has been widely reported in Greece that Mr Marinakis has been exonerated of the allegations being sued over.

A further hearing in the libel claim could take place later this year.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Adeel Akhtar on funding cuts: ‘Art gives people space to be free’ – UK Times

Adeel Akhtar on funding cuts: ‘Art gives people space to be free’ – UK Times

22 May 2026

roundabout at A1/B661 | Northbound | Road Works

22 May 2026

M6 northbound at the Stafford services between J14 and J15 | Northbound | Broken down vehicle

22 May 2026
Sex and the City star Jason Lewis resurfaces after 3 years out the spotlight with cryptic message – UK Times

Sex and the City star Jason Lewis resurfaces after 3 years out the spotlight with cryptic message – UK Times

22 May 2026

M6 southbound within J16 | Southbound | Congestion

22 May 2026
Saturday Racing Tips | Best Bets for Haydock – UK Times

Saturday Racing Tips | Best Bets for Haydock – UK Times

22 May 2026
Top News
Adeel Akhtar on funding cuts: ‘Art gives people space to be free’ – UK Times

Adeel Akhtar on funding cuts: ‘Art gives people space to be free’ – UK Times

22 May 2026

roundabout at A1/B661 | Northbound | Road Works

22 May 2026
Joint Statement from the leaders of the E4 + Canada, Australia & New Zealand on the situation in the West Bank

Joint Statement from the leaders of the E4 + Canada, Australia & New Zealand on the situation in the West Bank

22 May 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

Recent Posts

  • Adeel Akhtar on funding cuts: ‘Art gives people space to be free’ – UK Times
  • roundabout at A1/B661 | Northbound | Road Works
  • Joint Statement from the leaders of the E4 + Canada, Australia & New Zealand on the situation in the West Bank
  • Starting NFL quarterback reveals dramatic weight loss as team BANS seed oils from cafeteria
  • M6 northbound at the Stafford services between J14 and J15 | Northbound | Broken down vehicle

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
© 2026 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version