UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot

M67 eastbound between J3 and J4 | Eastbound | Congestion

30 August 2025

AI stethoscope could detect heart conditions in seconds | UK News

30 August 2025

roundabout at A27/A29 near Bognor Regis (west) | Westbound | Road Works

30 August 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » ‘Sexual assault by friend left me feeling betrayed’ | UK News
News

‘Sexual assault by friend left me feeling betrayed’ | UK News

By uk-times.com1 June 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Robby West

News, Norfolk

Reporting fromNorwich Crown Court
 Woman with light brown / gingery hair looks to camera. She has a slight smile on her face but is not showing her teeth. She has a nose ring and a hooped earing. She is wearing  s sleeveless striped white shirt and is stood in front of a green hedge which is blurred in the image.

Bryony Piggin said she felt a sense of “confusion, betrayal and sadness” after being sexually assaulted

A woman who was sexually assaulted by a friend after a night out has described the devastating impact the attack had on her life.

Bryony Piggin, 20, waived her right to anonymity and told the she felt “betrayed” by her former best friend.

She spoke out after Stefan Nikolic, 20, of Coast Road, Bacton, in Norfolk, was found guilty of assault by penetration.

On Friday, Recorder Simon Levene sentenced him to two years in prison, suspended for 24 months, and told him he had “misread” the situation.

‘Trauma’

Describing her friendship with Nikolic before the attack, Ms Piggin said: “We were inseparable.”

The pair had been on a night out with friends in Norwich when the assault happened in April 2023.

The court heard that she had agreed Nikolic could stay at her home in the city, but when she woke up, he was assaulting her.

“It was incomprehensible that my best friend would do something like that to me,” she said.

Ms Piggin, who is now unable to work due to her mental health, said the assault left her with a sense of “confusion, betrayal and sadness”.

She said she could not believe her former friend “abused” the trust she gave him.

The attack on 29 April 2023, has left Ms Piggin with anxiety issues and led to her dropping out of her Open University course.

“I avoid leaving the house… Trauma makes it impossible to carry on.”

Grey roofed, red brick building overlooking a court yard / parking area. There is an off-white flag pole in the centre. Four cars are parked around the edge of the parking area.

Stefan Nikolic was found guilty of one count of assault by penetration at Norwich Crown Court

Nikolic denied assault by penetration, arguing he had consent, but a jury at Norwich Crown Court found him guilty on 31 March.

Giles Fleming, for the prosecution, said that even two years on, Ms Piggin was still suffering.

Reading from her victim impact statement, he said the “consequences were devastating” and that she was suffering with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

“He didn’t just violate my body, he took the person I was.

“Even now, two years on, I can still feel his touch,” she said in her statement.

The court heard how Ms Piggin still scrubs herself “raw in the shower” following the sexual assault.

Recorder Levene said the pair had a “warm, affectionate relationship” before the incident.

“You entirely misread the situation,” he told Nikolic, adding “I do take into account your lack of maturity.”

Nikolic was also handed a five-year restraining order.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

M67 eastbound between J3 and J4 | Eastbound | Congestion

30 August 2025

AI stethoscope could detect heart conditions in seconds | UK News

30 August 2025

roundabout at A27/A29 near Bognor Regis (west) | Westbound | Road Works

30 August 2025

Liverpool submit £35m bid for Crystal Palace’s Marc Guehi – UK Times

30 August 2025

A38 westbound exit for B3344 near Newton Abbot (north) | Westbound | Broken down vehicle

30 August 2025

Teen held over imitation gun shown in the street | UK News

30 August 2025
Top News

M67 eastbound between J3 and J4 | Eastbound | Congestion

30 August 2025

AI stethoscope could detect heart conditions in seconds | UK News

30 August 2025

roundabout at A27/A29 near Bognor Regis (west) | Westbound | Road Works

30 August 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2025 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version