UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot

Mikel Arteta admits to major Arsenal flaw but defends his tactics despite 1-0 defeat by title rivals Liverpool

31 August 2025

British embassy in Cairo closes temporarily after security barriers removed by authorities | UK News

31 August 2025

Liverpool’s glaring problem remains unsolved despite vital win over Arsenal – UK Times

31 August 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Schoolboy, 12, pictured after being killed in park incident as family pay tribute – UK Times
News

Schoolboy, 12, pictured after being killed in park incident as family pay tribute – UK Times

By uk-times.com31 August 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Get the free Morning Headlines email for news from our reporters across the world

Sign up to our free Morning Headlines email

Sign up to our free Morning Headlines email

Morning Headlines

The family of a 12-year-old boy who died after falling in a recreation ground have paid tribute to their “much-loved” child.

Logan Carter was found seriously injured by Cheshire police on Friday evening after falling from park apparatus in Wharton Recreation Ground in Winsford.

Despite the best efforts of the North West Ambulance Service paramedics who treated him at the scene, he was pronounced dead.

In a tribute, his family said: “Logan was a much-loved son, brother, grandson, great grandson, cousin and friend to many. He had an infectious personality and a beautiful smile.

“Everyone wanted to be where Logan was. He was a little boy who was so full of life and wanted to make everyone laugh,” they added. “He made every day worth living. Logan was everyone’s therapy person, their calm and he will be missed more than we can ever put into words.

“We are taking comfort from the words of support we have received whilst we take time to come to terms with the untimely loss of our blue eyed boy.”

They shared a picture of their son holding a large fish after a fishing trip, smiling at the camera in the sun. A GoFundMe has been set up in the 12-year-old’s memory to support his family which as so far raised close to £9,000 in less than 24 hours with a target of £13,000.

Logan’s family is currently being supported by specialist officers at this time. Police are continuing to appeal for anyone with information related to the incident to come forward as part of ongoing enquiries.

Detective Sergeant John Rhodes, of the protecting vulnerable people investigations unit called the incident “deeply tragic”.

He said: “This was a deeply tragic incident involving a very young victim and our thoughts remain with the family and friends of the boy who sadly died at the scene.

“As part of our investigation into this incident, we are asking anyone who may have been in or around the Wharton Recreation Ground area just off Ledward Street in Winsford at around the time of the incident and saw anything that may aid us in our enquiries, to please get in touch.

“At this stage, I would also like to ask the public not to feed into any speculation, particularly on social media, as this remains an ongoing investigation.”

Police ask that anyone with information relating to the incident that occurred at around 6.11pm on Friday 29 August contact them via the website or on 101, quoting IML-2165641.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

British embassy in Cairo closes temporarily after security barriers removed by authorities | UK News

31 August 2025

Liverpool’s glaring problem remains unsolved despite vital win over Arsenal – UK Times

31 August 2025

M5 northbound between J14 and J13 | Northbound | Road Works

31 August 2025

M1 J47 northbound exit | Northbound | Congestion

31 August 2025

Rudy Giuliani severely injured in freak car accident after stopping to help domestic violence victim, his spokesperson says – UK Times

31 August 2025

A1(M) southbound between J44 and J43 | Southbound | Road Works

31 August 2025
Top News

Mikel Arteta admits to major Arsenal flaw but defends his tactics despite 1-0 defeat by title rivals Liverpool

31 August 2025

British embassy in Cairo closes temporarily after security barriers removed by authorities | UK News

31 August 2025

Liverpool’s glaring problem remains unsolved despite vital win over Arsenal – UK Times

31 August 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2025 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version