UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot

Yoane Wissa attacks Brentford in huge bombshell statement and accuses club of ‘standing in his way’ by breaking promises – as striker bids to force move just hours before deadline

31 August 2025

Farage and Reform ‘whipping up anger’ on migrants, cabinet minister Bridget Phillipson warns – UK Times

31 August 2025

A19 southbound within the A172 junction | Southbound | Congestion

31 August 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Rod Stewart cancels US gigs ahead of Glastonbury legends slot | UK News
News

Rod Stewart cancels US gigs ahead of Glastonbury legends slot | UK News

By uk-times.com7 June 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Sir Rod Stewart has cancelled a string of concerts in the US as he recovers from flu, ahead of his Glastonbury legends set later this month.

The 80-year-old rock star is due to play the coveted teatime slot on Sunday, 29 June – 23 years after he last appeared at the Somerset festival.

Sir Rod announced on Instagram he was scrapping four dates and rescheduling another two that were due to take place over the next eight days.

“So sorry my friends,” he said. “I’m devastated and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience to my fans. I’ll be back on stage and will see you soon.”

He signed off “Sir Rod”, along with a heartbreak emoji.

He also listed the four shows he was cancelling – in Las Vegas and Stateline, Nevada – as well as two he plans to reschedule in California.

Sir Rod previously said he intended to stop playing “large-scale world tours” at the end of 2025 and instead perform at more intimate venues.

But he said he was “proud, ready and more than able to pleasure and titillate my friends at Glastonbury” when he became the first act to be confirmed for this year’s festival.

He told That Peter Crouch Podcast he was only due to play for an hour and a quarter on the Pyramid Stage.

“But I’ve asked them ‘Please, another 15 minutes’ because I play for over two hours every night and it’s nothing,” he said.

He also told the podcast he would be performing at Glastonbury with his former Faces bandmate Ronnie Wood.

Sir Rod’s best known solo songs include Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?, Every Beat Of My Heart, and Maggie May.

One of the best-selling artists of all time, he will follow in the footsteps of Dolly Parton, Barry Gibb, Shania Twain and Kylie Minogue by playing the coveted Sunday afternoon slot.

The slot always draws one of the biggest crowds of the festival, and Sir Rod will become the first person to have been given legends billing and to have headlined the festival, following his previous appearance there in 2002 alongside Coldplay and Stereophonics.

The headliners this year at Worthy Farm are The 1975, Neil Young, and Olivia Rodrigo.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Farage and Reform ‘whipping up anger’ on migrants, cabinet minister Bridget Phillipson warns – UK Times

31 August 2025

A19 southbound within the A172 junction | Southbound | Congestion

31 August 2025

Furious Nicolas Jackson refuses Chelsea return after Bayern Munich move called off – UK Times

31 August 2025

M27 westbound between J3 and J2 | Westbound | Broken down vehicle

31 August 2025

Michael Palin claims Monty Python’s Life of Brian wouldn’t get made today due to cancel culture – UK Times

31 August 2025

Harry Potter director says reunion ‘will never happen’ due to JK Rowling – UK Times

31 August 2025
Top News

Yoane Wissa attacks Brentford in huge bombshell statement and accuses club of ‘standing in his way’ by breaking promises – as striker bids to force move just hours before deadline

31 August 2025

Farage and Reform ‘whipping up anger’ on migrants, cabinet minister Bridget Phillipson warns – UK Times

31 August 2025

A19 southbound within the A172 junction | Southbound | Congestion

31 August 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2025 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version