UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot

‘Gift of the jab and ‘Rayner lobby row’ | UK News

31 August 2025

Jelena Ostapenko apologises for ‘no education’ comment to Taylor Townsend – UK Times

31 August 2025

Dejected Alabama fan’s fuming gesture to TV cameras goes viral as team suffers first Week 1 defeat for 24 YEARS

31 August 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Nicolas Jackson’s move to Bayern Munich off after injury to Liam Delap – UK Times
News

Nicolas Jackson’s move to Bayern Munich off after injury to Liam Delap – UK Times

By uk-times.com30 August 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Join the Miguel Delaney: Inside Football newsletter and get behind-the-scenes access and unrivalled insight

Join the Miguel Delaney: Inside Football newsletter

Join the Miguel Delaney: Inside Football newsletter

Miguel Delaney: Inside Football

Chelsea have cancelled Nicolas Jackson’s loan move to Bayern Munich after Liam Delap was ruled out for “six to eight weeks” following their controversial 2-0 win over Fulham at Stamford Bridge, the PA news agency understands.

Delap limped off with a hamstring problem 13 minutes into the west London derby, and after head coach Enzo Maresca initially refused to rule out the club reentering the transfer market with just over 48 hours of the window remaining, the decision has been taken to inform Bayern that Jackson will be staying.

However, PA understands that the 24-year-old, who has already landed in Germany, is furious with the club’s U-turn.

Earlier on Saturday, Christopher Nkunku’s £36million move to AC Milan was confirmed, meaning Maresca would have been left with summer signing Joao Pedro as his only fit striker.

A year-long loan for Jackson with an option for the Bundesliga champions to buy for £56m had been agreed before the match.

“Liam’s injury doesn’t look good,” said Maresca. “He was full speed, hamstring, so that requires weeks.

“When you have two strikers it’s enough. When one of them is injured for weeks, probably it’s not enough. Today we played more than an hour with Tyrique (George), he did brilliant.

“When you have two proper nines, it’s enough.”

A bad-tempered match – won though a header from Pedro late in the first half and penalty after the break from Enzo Fernandez – turned on a decision in the first half to disallow what had looked a fine goal from 18-year-old Josh King for Fulham.

The decision incensed Fulham boss Marco Silva, whose display of feelings on the touchline was impossible to misinterpret.

Referee Robert Jones, watching on the pitchside VAR screen, judged there had been a “careless challenge” on Trevoh Chalobah by Rodrigo Muniz in the build-up, but that was not the way Silva saw it.

“Unbelievable the goal was disallowed,” said Silva, who was also unhappy with the amount of stoppage time at the end of the first half in which Chelsea scored.

“After the second corner it was already nine minutes of extra-time. The game didn’t stop during the eight minutes, so the game should be stopped after the first corner.”

There was further controversy with the award of Chelsea’s penalty for handball against Ryan Sessegnon.

“Yes it’s handball from Sess, but before that moment you can find easy two or three fouls for ourselves,” said Silva.

“Our players went with the referee to the screen and they were laughing. A stamp on Alex Iwobi, handball from Joao Pedro and the pushing on Joachim (Andersen).

“It’s the same VAR that in the first half found something unbelievable like a stamp from Rodrigo. The same people didn’t see a stamp on Iwobi. I don’t understand the direction that it’s going.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

‘Gift of the jab and ‘Rayner lobby row’ | UK News

31 August 2025

Jelena Ostapenko apologises for ‘no education’ comment to Taylor Townsend – UK Times

31 August 2025

Pep Guardiola backs Man City to have ‘good season’ despite mixed results – UK Times

31 August 2025

A2 eastbound between A2050 near Canterbury (south) and A260 | Eastbound | Congestion

31 August 2025

Boy, 12, dies after falling over in park recreational grounds – UK Times

31 August 2025

M25 J23 clockwise exit | Clockwise | Road Works

31 August 2025
Top News

‘Gift of the jab and ‘Rayner lobby row’ | UK News

31 August 2025

Jelena Ostapenko apologises for ‘no education’ comment to Taylor Townsend – UK Times

31 August 2025

Dejected Alabama fan’s fuming gesture to TV cameras goes viral as team suffers first Week 1 defeat for 24 YEARS

31 August 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2025 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version