Boy, 15, and man, 23, are knifed to death in Islington double murder as third victim, 28, is rushed to hospital with stab wounds
- Police have launched a double murder investigation and are calling for witnesses
A double murder investigation has been launched after a teenager and a 23-year-old man were stabbed to death in north London last night.
Police were called to reports of a stabbing in Islington just after 11.30pm.
A boy, believed to be 15, was found with stab wounds. Despite the efforts of medical staff he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, just after midnight.
Another victim, a 23-year-old man, had also been stabbed. He had been taken to a west London hospital, where he was also pronounced dead.
A third victim, believed to be 28, was also found at a nearby address with a stab wound. He was taken to hospital where he remains and is condition is not thought to be life threatening.
Witnesses claimed a music video was being shot when violence flared in Elthorne Park.
Police were called at 23:33 on Thursday, 29 June to Elthorne Road, Islington to reports of a stabbing (stock image)
One told the Evening Standard: ‘There was filming and then all hell let loose. There were a lot of kids, some very young hanging around. It’s a tragedy we are all shaken.’
Police believe a large number of people were present when the attack took place and are urging witnesses and those with information to come forward.
There have been no arrests at this early stage.
A Section 60 Order granting police additional stop and search powers has been authorised.
Police have informed the next of kin of the two victims killed in the incident. They are being supported by specially trained officers.
Formal identification and post-mortem examinations will be conducted in due course, detectives said.
The Specialist Crime Command have launched an investigation. An extensive crime scene is in place and urgent enquiries are ongoing.
Chief Superintendent Andy Carter said: ‘My thoughts are with the families of the two victims who have suffered such an unimaginable loss in this shocking and unacceptable incident.
‘We will support our colleagues as they investigate and members of the public will see an increased policing presence in the area.
‘I urge anyone who has information that can help us establish exactly what has happened to approach those officers or contact us immediately.
‘A man and boy have lost their lives and we must now work together to identify those responsible and remove them from our streets.’
Anyone who has information that could help police should call 101 or tweet @MetCC ref CAD 9383/29 Jun.
To remain 100% anonymous please call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.