UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot
Net migration to UK fell to lowest point since Covid – but half of Britons still think it’s rising – UK Times

Net migration to UK fell to lowest point since Covid – but half of Britons still think it’s rising – UK Times

21 May 2026

A3 northbound within the A325 junction | Northbound | Road Works

21 May 2026
Zoë Kravitz, Harry Styles eyeing winter wedding: source

Zoë Kravitz, Harry Styles eyeing winter wedding: source

21 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Joey Chestnut to defend hot dog eating title while on probation after pleading guilty to battery – UK Times
News

Joey Chestnut to defend hot dog eating title while on probation after pleading guilty to battery – UK Times

By uk-times.com21 May 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Joey Chestnut to defend hot dog eating title while on probation after pleading guilty to battery – UK Times
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

For free real time breaking news alerts sent straight to your inbox sign up to our breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Breaking News

Competitive eater Joey “Jaws” Chestnut, the reigning champion and 17-time winner of Nathan’s Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest, will compete in the July 4 spectacle while on probation after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor battery charge.

Chestnut entered the guilty plea April 20 and was sentenced to 180 days of probation in Hamilton County, Indiana. A judge has granted him permission to travel outside the state, allowing Chestnut to defend his title and the signature Mustard Belt on Coney Island this summer.

The competitive eating sensation was accused of slapping a man across the face during a late night out at an Indiana bar, according to Us Weekly. When law enforcement later questioned Chestnut, he said he was drunk and didn’t remember the altercation, the publication reported.

Chestnut’s attorney, Mario Massillamany, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Richard Shea, the co-founder and president of Major League Eating, which oversees the Nathan’s Famous contest, told The Associated Press that the altercation did not affect Chestnut’s competition eligibility.

“This incident did not violate Major League Eating’s code of conduct, as it occurred outside any organizational event or activity and it was addressed by local authorities,” Shea said.

At the Nathan’s Famous contest last year, Chestnut took back the title by eating 70 1/2 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes after he missed the 2024 contest due to a competing sponsorship. Nathan’s had temporarily banned him from competing after he signed an endorsement deal with the plant-based meat company Impossible Foods.

Chestnut most recently won the 2026 Ultimate Bologna Showdown in Tennessee for the third straight year, consuming 16 pounds of sausage in 8 minutes to set a new world record.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Net migration to UK fell to lowest point since Covid – but half of Britons still think it’s rising – UK Times

Net migration to UK fell to lowest point since Covid – but half of Britons still think it’s rising – UK Times

21 May 2026

A3 northbound within the A325 junction | Northbound | Road Works

21 May 2026

A3 northbound at a minor junction between A283 near Milford (north) and B3000 | Northbound | Road Works

21 May 2026
Consumer confidence rises slightly following signs of Iran ‘de-escalation’ – UK Times

Consumer confidence rises slightly following signs of Iran ‘de-escalation’ – UK Times

21 May 2026

A3 southbound access from A31 | Southbound | Road Works

21 May 2026
Warning England’s taps could run dry amid growing drought threat – UK Times

Warning England’s taps could run dry amid growing drought threat – UK Times

21 May 2026
Top News
Net migration to UK fell to lowest point since Covid – but half of Britons still think it’s rising – UK Times

Net migration to UK fell to lowest point since Covid – but half of Britons still think it’s rising – UK Times

21 May 2026

A3 northbound within the A325 junction | Northbound | Road Works

21 May 2026
Zoë Kravitz, Harry Styles eyeing winter wedding: source

Zoë Kravitz, Harry Styles eyeing winter wedding: source

21 May 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

Recent Posts

  • Net migration to UK fell to lowest point since Covid – but half of Britons still think it’s rising – UK Times
  • A3 northbound within the A325 junction | Northbound | Road Works
  • Zoë Kravitz, Harry Styles eyeing winter wedding: source
  • A3 northbound at a minor junction between A283 near Milford (north) and B3000 | Northbound | Road Works
  • Wayne Carey opens up about six-hour neck surgery to fix problem that could have paralysed him

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
© 2026 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version