UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot
Pentagon releases latest batch of UFO files and videos including intelligence officers who saw ‘orbs’ – UK Times

Pentagon releases latest batch of UFO files and videos including intelligence officers who saw ‘orbs’ – UK Times

22 May 2026

M5 southbound between J17 and J18 | Southbound | Congestion

22 May 2026
Everton boss David Moyes gives update on Jack Grealish’s future amid injury recovery – UK Times

Everton boss David Moyes gives update on Jack Grealish’s future amid injury recovery – UK Times

22 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Green by-election candidate – who quit after just 12 hours – apologises for Jewish ambulance attack post – UK Times
News

Green by-election candidate – who quit after just 12 hours – apologises for Jewish ambulance attack post – UK Times

By uk-times.com22 May 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Green by-election candidate – who quit after just 12 hours – apologises for Jewish ambulance attack post – UK Times
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Stay on top of the latest political news with our View from Westminster newsletter

Get the latest political headlines with our free email

Get the latest political headlines with our free email

View from Westminster

The Green Party’s former candidate in the Makerfield by-election – who pulled out of the race just hours after he was announced – has apologised after it was reported he had shared a post calling an attack on Jewish ambulances in north London a “false flag”.

Chris Kennedy was announced to be running in the seat for the Greens on Thursday morning, but the party confirmed he had dropped out some nine hours later, citing “personal and family reasons”.

The Times later reported it had approached Mr Kennedy about a series of social media posts he had shared.

According to the newspaper, an Instagram video shared by Mr Kennedy described the arrests of two men over the ambulance attack as “total bullshit to keep the false flag flying”.

The Green Party announced Chris Kennedy as their candidate for the Makerfield by-election
The Green Party announced Chris Kennedy as their candidate for the Makerfield by-election (Getty)

The paper says he also shared a post by a user named Hugh Anthony, a self-described “proud ethno-nationalist”, which said the response to the Golders Green arson attack in March made “no sense”.

Mr Anthony wrote: “How does someone manage to burn 3 ambulances, get the entire country in uproar, make the government put 264 more police units into the community, make the King become a patron of a charity, and increase the terror threat level in the UK, only to be put on bail? This makes no sense.”

A Green Party spokesperson said: “These posts don’t reflect the views of The Green Party.

“We have spoken to Chris about these posts, and he has now deleted them. He apologises for the offence caused.”

The Green Party said its earlier statement still stood on the withdrawal of Mr Kennedy, a nurse and children’s safeguarding specialist.

The party said previously: “We wish Chris the best and understand that family has to come first.

“As a party, we are reopening nominations now because we believe people in Makerfield deserve a real choice at this by-election, and the Green Party will be standing to offer exactly that.

“Across the country, more and more voters are turning away from the old parties and looking for politicians who will genuinely stand up for their communities.

“We will also be redoubling our efforts on campaigning to expose the risk of Reform, a party who seeks to divide our communities.

“This election has to be about how to make the super-rich pay their fair share, how we tackle the cost-of-living crisis with lower bills and affordable housing, and how we protect our public services and our green spaces.

“It has to be about offering Makerfield hope over hate.”

Green Party leader Zack Polanski (Yui Mok/PA)
Green Party leader Zack Polanski (Yui Mok/PA) (PA Wire)

Nominations for a replacement candidate will open tomorrow and a selection meeting is planned for Monday evening.

It comes just weeks after Mr Polanski – who is the only current Jewish leader of a major political party in the UK – sparked outrage for sharing criticism of the police on social media after footage showed two officers repeatedly kicking the alleged Golders Green attacker in the head after he had been tasered.

Mr Polanski apologised for sharing the post in haste, but he insisted the police should not be above scrutiny.

The Greens are also facing accusations of antisemitism after Labour said it would release a document which they say exposes 25 Green Party local election candidates for having “disturbing views”.

The candidates were accused of “a raft of harrowing antisemitism, dangerous conspiracy theories and appalling comments supporting Hamas and Russia”.

The Green Party has been contacted for comment.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Pentagon releases latest batch of UFO files and videos including intelligence officers who saw ‘orbs’ – UK Times

Pentagon releases latest batch of UFO files and videos including intelligence officers who saw ‘orbs’ – UK Times

22 May 2026

M5 southbound between J17 and J18 | Southbound | Congestion

22 May 2026
Everton boss David Moyes gives update on Jack Grealish’s future amid injury recovery – UK Times

Everton boss David Moyes gives update on Jack Grealish’s future amid injury recovery – UK Times

22 May 2026
Need To Know Manchester – United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach | Manchester News

Need To Know Manchester – United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach | Manchester News

22 May 2026

A1 southbound within the A57/A638 junction | Southbound | Road Works

22 May 2026
Trump says he may not make Don Jr’s wedding because of Iran War – despite multiple golfing trips since conflict began – UK Times

Trump says he may not make Don Jr’s wedding because of Iran War – despite multiple golfing trips since conflict began – UK Times

22 May 2026
Top News
Pentagon releases latest batch of UFO files and videos including intelligence officers who saw ‘orbs’ – UK Times

Pentagon releases latest batch of UFO files and videos including intelligence officers who saw ‘orbs’ – UK Times

22 May 2026

M5 southbound between J17 and J18 | Southbound | Congestion

22 May 2026
Everton boss David Moyes gives update on Jack Grealish’s future amid injury recovery – UK Times

Everton boss David Moyes gives update on Jack Grealish’s future amid injury recovery – UK Times

22 May 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

Recent Posts

  • Pentagon releases latest batch of UFO files and videos including intelligence officers who saw ‘orbs’ – UK Times
  • M5 southbound between J17 and J18 | Southbound | Congestion
  • Everton boss David Moyes gives update on Jack Grealish’s future amid injury recovery – UK Times
  • THE SALAH FILES, Part 4: The secrets of the greatest season in Premier League history. LEWIS STEELE reveals the deal with Arne Slot and a Virgil van Dijk bombshell that fuelled Salah’s magnum opus
  • Need To Know Manchester – United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach | Manchester News

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
© 2026 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version