UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot

A66 westbound between A6 and M6 | Westbound | Congestion

19 May 2026
HS2 6-monthly report to Parliament May 2026

HS2 6-monthly report to Parliament May 2026

19 May 2026
Gunman kills six, injures eight others in rifle attacks in southern Turkey – UK Times

Gunman kills six, injures eight others in rifle attacks in southern Turkey – UK Times

19 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Antonio Conte ‘set to QUIT Napoli’ – with another ex-Chelsea manager in line to return to replace him and work with Kevin De Bruyne, Scott McTominay and Co
TV & Showbiz

Antonio Conte ‘set to QUIT Napoli’ – with another ex-Chelsea manager in line to return to replace him and work with Kevin De Bruyne, Scott McTominay and Co

By uk-times.com19 May 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Antonio Conte ‘set to QUIT Napoli’ – with another ex-Chelsea manager in line to return to replace him and work with Kevin De Bruyne, Scott McTominay and Co
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Antonio Conte is believed to be on the verge of leaving Napoli – with one eye on taking up the vacant role with the Italian national team, according to reports in his home country. 

The combustible former Chelsea and Inter Milan manager took over in Naples in 2024, and immediately won the side their fourth Serie A title in his debut season. 

But a tumultuous 2025-26 campaign has given rise to speculation that the 56-year-old will move on, with Napoli coming a distant second to title-winning Inter in the league. 

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Conte and Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis have been in discussion about his possible exit since mid-April, with the head coach in recent weeks openly flirting with the idea of returning to international management. 

When asked about the role vacated by Gennaro Gattuso as Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup at the final hurdle earlier this Spring, Conte suggested: ‘If I were the president of the Italian Football Federation, I would consider myself’. 

The admission is said to have prompted a showdown with De Laurentiis, with the pair thought to have come to a respectful agreement about his future at the club. 

Antonio Conte is set to leave Napoli after a tumultuous season on the Amalfi Coast

Unhappy at Lazio, former Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri is thought to be the front-runner

Unhappy at Lazio, former Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri is thought to be the front-runner

Tension has also been roiling between Conte and one of his star players, Romelu Lukaku, amid a frustrating and injury-strewn campaign for the Belgian. 

With Conte nearing departure, Napoli consider one of their former coaches, Maurizio Sarri, as the front-runner for the position. 

Like Conte, Sarri endured a spell at Chelsea for the duration of the 2018-19 season, winning the Europa League but failing to endear himself to the Stamford Bridge faithful. 

Currently in situ at Serie A rivals Lazio, Sarri, who previously managed at Napoli between 2015 and 2018, admitted that he was far from pleased about how his season in Rome had played out. 

‘This season’s situation hasn’t pleased me,’ he told DAZN after defeat in the Rome derby on Sunday. 

‘I wasn’t listened to at all, and I’m far from happy. Perhaps the club isn’t happy either. Let’s finish the season and see if they have anything to say to me.’

Should Sarri take the decision to return to the Amalfi coast, he would inherit a squad replete with Premier League outcasts who have flourished on Italian soil, including former Manchester United stars Rasmus Hojlund and Scott McTominay, and ex-Chelsea midfielder Billy Gilmour.  

AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri is another candidate under consideration at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona.  

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Row erupts over Enzo Maresca to Man City with Chelsea threatening legal action if they don’t pay up compensation for their former manager to replace Pep Guardiola

Row erupts over Enzo Maresca to Man City with Chelsea threatening legal action if they don’t pay up compensation for their former manager to replace Pep Guardiola

19 May 2026
Ellie Kildunne targets ‘dynasty’ with England’s dominant Red Roses after adding to more Six Nations Grand Slam glory with top rugby award

Ellie Kildunne targets ‘dynasty’ with England’s dominant Red Roses after adding to more Six Nations Grand Slam glory with top rugby award

19 May 2026
Pep Guardiola ‘eyeing £13.5m property just 100 yards from marital home with his estranged wife’ after departing Man City boss ‘broke promises’ to stay in Manchester

Pep Guardiola ‘eyeing £13.5m property just 100 yards from marital home with his estranged wife’ after departing Man City boss ‘broke promises’ to stay in Manchester

19 May 2026
If Premier League titles were decided on style of play, Arsenal would be midtable – but the never-say-die attitude of Mikel Arteta’s team is the mark of true champions, writes ISAAN KHAN

If Premier League titles were decided on style of play, Arsenal would be midtable – but the never-say-die attitude of Mikel Arteta’s team is the mark of true champions, writes ISAAN KHAN

19 May 2026
Gabby Logan reveals dad Terry Yorath’s last words in ‘incredible conversation’ before he died while she was live on air on Match of the Day, days before he was due to leave hospital

Gabby Logan reveals dad Terry Yorath’s last words in ‘incredible conversation’ before he died while she was live on air on Match of the Day, days before he was due to leave hospital

19 May 2026
’80s sitcom star-turned-Amazon delivery driver divulges harsh reality of cast’s residual pay

’80s sitcom star-turned-Amazon delivery driver divulges harsh reality of cast’s residual pay

19 May 2026
Top News

A66 westbound between A6 and M6 | Westbound | Congestion

19 May 2026
HS2 6-monthly report to Parliament May 2026

HS2 6-monthly report to Parliament May 2026

19 May 2026
Gunman kills six, injures eight others in rifle attacks in southern Turkey – UK Times

Gunman kills six, injures eight others in rifle attacks in southern Turkey – UK Times

19 May 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

Recent Posts

  • A66 westbound between A6 and M6 | Westbound | Congestion
  • HS2 6-monthly report to Parliament May 2026
  • Gunman kills six, injures eight others in rifle attacks in southern Turkey – UK Times
  • Row erupts over Enzo Maresca to Man City with Chelsea threatening legal action if they don’t pay up compensation for their former manager to replace Pep Guardiola
  • Hong Kong’s biggest LGBTQ carnival scrapped for second year due to venue issues – UK Times

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
© 2026 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version