UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot
Largest crackdown on late payments in over 25 years as landmark Bill enters Parliament

Largest crackdown on late payments in over 25 years as landmark Bill enters Parliament

19 May 2026
What to know about the Bundibugyo virus, a species of Ebola causing an outbreak in Congo – UK Times

What to know about the Bundibugyo virus, a species of Ebola causing an outbreak in Congo – UK Times

19 May 2026

Domestic Abuse Partnership Strategy launched

19 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Man wrongly convicted of killing 2 Michigan hunters in 1990 agrees to $5.25M settlement – UK Times
News

Man wrongly convicted of killing 2 Michigan hunters in 1990 agrees to $5.25M settlement – UK Times

By uk-times.com18 May 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Man wrongly convicted of killing 2 Michigan hunters in 1990 agrees to .25M settlement – UK Times
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

For free real time breaking news alerts sent straight to your inbox sign up to our breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Breaking News

A man who spent nearly 21 years in prison for the deaths of two Michigan hunters agreed to a $5.25 million settlement after accusing police of failing to turn over evidence that could have helped him at trial, a lawyer said Monday.

Jeff Titus was released in 2023 and his murder convictions were erased at the request of prosecutors. The Innocence Clinic at University of Michigan law school and two investigators got authorities to acknowledge that an Ohio serial killer might have been the person who killed the hunters in 1990.

Titus had long declared his innocence.

“It’s been a long road for Jeff,” attorney Wolf Mueller said. “He’s 74. He lost two decades of his life. The money doesn’t make up for the loss of decades, but it allows him to put this part of his life behind him.”

An email seeking comment from the lawyer who defended a retired homicide detective in the lawsuit wasn’t immediately answered.

Doug Estes and Jim Bennett were fatally shot near Titus’ property in Kalamazoo County in 1990. Titus initially was cleared as a suspect, but murder charges were filed against him 12 years later. Prosecutors portrayed Titus as a hothead who didn’t like trespassers.

Students and staff at University of Michigan law school were trying to get him a new trial when a 30-page file from the original investigation was discovered at the county sheriff’s office. It was a blockbuster: It referred to an alternate suspect, Thomas Dillon of Magnolia, Ohio.

Jacinda Davis, at the TV network Investigation Discovery, and Susan Simpson, through the podcast “Undisclosed,” had raised doubts about Titus’ guilt and aired questions about Dillon’s possible role.

Dillon died in prison in 2011. He was arrested in 1993 and ultimately pleaded guilty to killing five people in Ohio who had been hunting, fishing or jogging.

The lawsuit that was settled Monday did not center on Dillon as an alternate suspect. Rather, police were accused of violating Titus’ rights by not sharing information that could have cast doubt on the trial testimony of a key witness, Mueller said.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

What to know about the Bundibugyo virus, a species of Ebola causing an outbreak in Congo – UK Times

What to know about the Bundibugyo virus, a species of Ebola causing an outbreak in Congo – UK Times

19 May 2026

Domestic Abuse Partnership Strategy launched

19 May 2026
‘He made a mistake’: Trump welcomes Mark Cuban at healthcare event after billionaire previously backed Kamala Harris – UK Times

‘He made a mistake’: Trump welcomes Mark Cuban at healthcare event after billionaire previously backed Kamala Harris – UK Times

19 May 2026
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta jokes he will be ‘the biggest ever’ Bournemouth fan – UK Times

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta jokes he will be ‘the biggest ever’ Bournemouth fan – UK Times

19 May 2026

Ex-British soldier imprisoned by Russia says he feels abandoned in occupied Ukraine | UK News

19 May 2026
Warning issued as around 15 million Brits under-saving for retirement – these are the groups most affected – UK Times

Warning issued as around 15 million Brits under-saving for retirement – these are the groups most affected – UK Times

19 May 2026
Top News
Largest crackdown on late payments in over 25 years as landmark Bill enters Parliament

Largest crackdown on late payments in over 25 years as landmark Bill enters Parliament

19 May 2026
What to know about the Bundibugyo virus, a species of Ebola causing an outbreak in Congo – UK Times

What to know about the Bundibugyo virus, a species of Ebola causing an outbreak in Congo – UK Times

19 May 2026

Domestic Abuse Partnership Strategy launched

19 May 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

Recent Posts

  • Largest crackdown on late payments in over 25 years as landmark Bill enters Parliament
  • What to know about the Bundibugyo virus, a species of Ebola causing an outbreak in Congo – UK Times
  • Domestic Abuse Partnership Strategy launched
  • Bizarre moment tennis star stuns fans by stripping off his pants in the middle of the court after losing a point
  • ‘He made a mistake’: Trump welcomes Mark Cuban at healthcare event after billionaire previously backed Kamala Harris – UK Times

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
© 2026 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version