UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot

Fenerbahce sack Jose Mourinho after after failure to qualify for Champions League – UK Times

29 August 2025

Tottenham pulling off Chelsea transfer HIJACK as Xavi Simons ‘completes his medical’ after agreeing £52m deal – leaving Blues fans fuming

29 August 2025

A303 westbound between A34 and B3048 | Westbound | Broken down vehicle

29 August 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » US offers military funeral honors to Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt – UK Times
News

US offers military funeral honors to Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt – UK Times

By uk-times.com29 August 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

For free real time breaking news alerts sent straight to your inbox sign up to our breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Breaking News

The U.S. government is offering military funeral honors for Ashli Babbitt, the rioter who was killed at 35 by an officer in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

Babbitt was a U.S. Air Force veteran from California who was shot dead wearing a Trump campaign flag wrapped around her shoulders while attempting to climb through the broken window of a barricaded door leading to the Speaker’s Lobby inside the Capitol.

Offering military honors to one of the Capitol rioters is part of President Donald Trump’s attempts to rewrite that chapter after the 2020 election as a patriotic stand, given he still denies he lost that election. Babbitt has gained martyr status among Republicans, and the Trump administration agreed to pay just under $5 million to settle a wrongful-death lawsuit that her family filed over her shooting.

Matthew Lohmeier, an under secretary of the Air Force, said on X that the decision was “long overdue,” and shared a post from a conservative legal group that was advocating for Babbitt’s family. The group, Judicial Watch, said the family had requested military honors from former President Joe Biden’s administration and had been denied.

In a statement, a U.S. Air Force spokesperson said that “after reviewing the circumstances” of Babbitt’s death, military funeral honors were offered to the family. Babbitt was a senior airman.

The post shared by Lohmeier included a link to a letter the Air Force under secretary wrote to Babbitt’s family, inviting them to meet him at the Pentagon.

“After reviewing the circumstances of Ashli’s death, and considering the information that has come forward since then, I am persuaded that the previous determination was incorrect,” the Aug. 15 letter read. ___

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Fenerbahce sack Jose Mourinho after after failure to qualify for Champions League – UK Times

29 August 2025

A303 westbound between A34 and B3048 | Westbound | Broken down vehicle

29 August 2025

Lando Norris doing well to ‘block out noise’ in title fight – Carlos Sainz – UK Times

29 August 2025

A69 westbound between A68 near Corbridge (east) and A68 near Corbridge (west) | Westbound | Road Works

29 August 2025

M1 southbound between J30 and J29a | Southbound | Broken down vehicle

29 August 2025

Racism storm overshadows US Open as Naomi Osaka joins criticism of Ostapenko’s ‘no education’ comment – UK Times

29 August 2025
Top News

Fenerbahce sack Jose Mourinho after after failure to qualify for Champions League – UK Times

29 August 2025

Tottenham pulling off Chelsea transfer HIJACK as Xavi Simons ‘completes his medical’ after agreeing £52m deal – leaving Blues fans fuming

29 August 2025

A303 westbound between A34 and B3048 | Westbound | Broken down vehicle

29 August 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2025 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version