UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot

New footage shows New Zealand fugitive on run for years breaking into convenience store, police say – UK Times

29 August 2025

M62 westbound within J11 | Westbound | Road Works

29 August 2025

Footy star who smashed Dave Hughes hits back at the AFL after he was fined for wild act in Legends match that left comedian in hospital

29 August 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » Ex-Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer brutally SACKED by Besiktas after shock European exit as club announce decision in 39-word statement
TV & Showbiz

Ex-Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer brutally SACKED by Besiktas after shock European exit as club announce decision in 39-word statement

By uk-times.com28 August 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been sacked by Besiktas after the Turkish club were dumped out of Europe in the Conference League play-offs.

Solskjaer, 52, had been appointed to the role in January, his first position since losing his job as Man United manager in November 2021.

Besiktas confirmed in a short statement on Thursday that the United legend had been relieved of his duties. The decision came just hours after they were beaten by Ineos-owned Lausanne in their Conference League play-off.

The Turkish outfit were knocked out of European competition altogether after losing 2-1 on aggregate following a 1-0 home defeat.

The club announced the decision in a brief 39-word statement after a board meeting following the match. 

‘Our contract with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been terminated following a decision made at the board meeting,’ Besiktas said.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been sacked by Besiktas after they were dumped out of Europe

‘Following the meeting, our chairman, Serdal Adalı, thanked Solskjaer for his services to date. We respectfully present it to the public.’

Solskjaer made the surprise move to Turkey on a one-and-a-half-year deal through to the summer of 2026 and was set to pocket around £3m from his contract. 

His sacking comes just one match into the SuperLig season but it appears Solskjaer has paid the price for a dismal European campaign.

Besiktas failed to make the Europa League group stages after they lost 6-2 to Shakhtar Donetsk over two legs.

The disappointing defeat saw them drop into the Conference League and they had been favourites to get past Swiss side Lausanne but suffered a shock exit, meaning they will not play in Europe this season.

More to follow 

Ole Gunnar SolskjaerManchester United

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Footy star who smashed Dave Hughes hits back at the AFL after he was fined for wild act in Legends match that left comedian in hospital

29 August 2025

Opta’s supercomputer reveals which clubs have the easiest and HARDEST fixtures in the Champions League… and it’s bad news for one of the English sides

29 August 2025

Coco Gauff praises friend Simone Biles as her ‘inspiration’ after awkward intro following US Open win

29 August 2025

Lewis Hamilton confirms Ferrari decision weeks after admitting he should be SACKED despite £60m-a-year deal – as George Russell says he was ‘talking nonsense’

29 August 2025

Andrea Berta’s bag of tricks that won the transfer window for Arsenal: Data he has that no one else does, key email that sealed Eberechi Eze deal, a South America trip, ex-Man United chief’s helping hand and why he’s ‘not very Arsenal… in a good way’

29 August 2025

Fun, football and fine food: How Emma Raducanu’s new coach is setting her up for a return to the top – and the one word that shows why she is so happy with Rafael Nadal’s old mentor

29 August 2025
Top News

New footage shows New Zealand fugitive on run for years breaking into convenience store, police say – UK Times

29 August 2025

M62 westbound within J11 | Westbound | Road Works

29 August 2025

Footy star who smashed Dave Hughes hits back at the AFL after he was fined for wild act in Legends match that left comedian in hospital

29 August 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2025 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version