UK TimesUK Times
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
What's Hot

Breville bambino plus review: My verdict after one year of testing – UK Times

29 August 2025

M3 J4A westbound access | Westbound | Road Works

29 August 2025

Brooks Nader and sisters reveal biggest secrets, worst exes and more

29 August 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
UK TimesUK Times
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • TV & Showbiz
  • Money
  • Health
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web Stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
UK TimesUK Times
Home » BBQ joint sued by family after 4-year-old child allegedly was burned by ‘dangerously hot’ sauce – UK Times
News

BBQ joint sued by family after 4-year-old child allegedly was burned by ‘dangerously hot’ sauce – UK Times

By uk-times.com5 June 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The latest headlines from our reporters across the US sent straight to your inbox each weekday

Your briefing on the latest headlines from across the US

Your briefing on the latest headlines from across the US

Evening Headlines

A Texas family is suing a popular BBQ chain, claiming that a four-year-old suffered second-degree burns from its “dangerously hot” sauce last year.

It’s the third complaint filed against Bill Miller Bar-B-Q in San Antonio in less than a year. The latest family alleges the restaurant’s barbecue sauce is served at unsafe temperatures, which resulted in the child suffering severe burns.

Rose Roque filed the complaint in Bexar County District Court on May 29 and accused Bill Maher Bar-B-Q Enterprises of “gross negligence.”

She is seeking $1m in damages and claims the sauce spilled onto the child’s face and body during a visit to the restaurant on May 30, 2024.

The lawsuit alleges that an employee at the location at Loop 410 and Culebra Road placed an uncovered tray of sauce on the table within reach of the child, according to court filings obtained by News4SA.

Bill Miller, a popular BBQ chain in San Antonio, Texas is being sued for the third time after a family claims the restaurant’s sauce burned a four-year-old boy

Bill Miller, a popular BBQ chain in San Antonio, Texas is being sued for the third time after a family claims the restaurant’s sauce burned a four-year-old boy (Google)

The unsecured container then tipped onto the child, causing him to allegedly suffer second-degree burns.

The Independent has reached out to the company for comment.

In court records, the family claims the restaurant has exhibited a pattern following the two other prior suits.

The incident, Roque’s attorneys said, is emblematic of a pattern of carelessness. Bill Miller employees “habitually and routinely” overheat their barbecue sauce, failing to monitor or regulate the temperature before serving it to customers, the complaint states, according to the outlet.

Additionally, it claims that the company has neglected to train or supervise staff on how to safely handle and serve hot items.

In January, the company was forced to pay out $2.8m to Genesis Monita after a Bexar County judge ruled in her favor. Monita said she also sustained second-degree burns, which left permanent scarring on her thigh.

The jury in that case determined the restaurant chain was liable.

In another lawsuit, a separate customer sued the chain after they said they suffered severe burns at another location. The plaintiff said the sauce was so hot it burned part of her upper leg after melting through her jeans.

All of the recent lawsuits claim the company has struggled to follow its own policies, alleging that Bill Miller’s operations manual states barbecue sauce should be served in a Styrofoam cup. All of the plaintiffs said the sauce was not served in a Styrofoam cup.

Additionally, Roque’s attorneys said the restaurant withheld security footage that showed the moment of her son’s injury. The plaintiff claims the footage exists, but the company has decided against providing it.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related News

Breville bambino plus review: My verdict after one year of testing – UK Times

29 August 2025

M3 J4A westbound access | Westbound | Road Works

29 August 2025

Denver school district pushes back but hasn’t decided whether to change all-gender bathrooms – UK Times

29 August 2025

A120 westbound at a minor junction between B1256 near Great Dunmow (west) and M11 | Westbound | Road Works

29 August 2025

Are weight-loss jabs are reshaping the wedding industry? | UK News

29 August 2025

US Coast Guard shows off ‘largest cocaine offload in history’ | News – UK Times

29 August 2025
Top News

Breville bambino plus review: My verdict after one year of testing – UK Times

29 August 2025

M3 J4A westbound access | Westbound | Road Works

29 August 2025

Brooks Nader and sisters reveal biggest secrets, worst exes and more

29 August 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest UK news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2025 UK Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version